The Dammit Liz Productions Internship Program is no longer accepting applications. Check back for updates!
Dammit Liz Productions Internship Program
Join the Darnits!
Dammit Liz Productions is looking for hardworking and energetic interns with a passion for events and the geek-o-sphere. If you love volunteering for conventions and want to learn more about making it a paid career option, this could be the internship for you. Hours are flexible, with 60% of the work available for remote work. Some Skype meetings scheduled.
There are multiple events for interns to work on site. In most cases, interns will need to be responsible for their own travel.
Event Production Intern
What to do!
- Assist in the pre-planning, marketing, and execution of geek events of all sorts.
- Planning & logistics for upcoming events, from venue selection to detailed scheduling to confirming technical needs
- Marketing and promotion of upcoming events and projects
- Respond to emails & inquiries about events
- On-site event management and execution of events and live projects
What to learn!
- How to coordinate events
- Marketing and social media
- Working with talent
- How to network in a geeky convention type industry
- Find out about different needs in the industry, find your niche. Is it live events? Conventions? Party planning? Geeky bands on tour?
The Fall 2013 internships being November 15th, the Winter 2014 internships begin January 6. Each program lasts approximately 9 months and can cover up to 10 events.
5-10hrs per week: Hours are flexible, we can work with your schedule.
Email you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Internship” as the subject heading.
Resume: List your work, volunteer and educational experience. Include any relevant shows or conventions you’ve attended.
Cover Letter: Why do you want to intern for Dammit Liz Productions? What do you hope to learn? What makes you interested in events – and what are you hoping to do with events in the future? And why Dammit Liz, specifically?”
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: October 31st, 2013. Get your application in soon!